
Ok... so my kids are RAG-A-MUFFINS and I accept full responsibility for being the horrible mother that doesn't even brush their hair every day (that's not the worst of it... I'd like to retain some dignity)! That being said, this first picture was taken on the evening that we put up our Christmas tree. Krista loved helping put the ornaments up and enjoyed dressing up in them even more. She wore that Santa hat almost every day for two weeks!




Our Christmas was wonderful this year (last year). We alternate whose family we spend Christmas with and this year it was the Wrights. I love Daniel's parents' house at Christmas time. My mother-in-law has tons of decorations she puts up, and the house is always full of wonderful aromas whether it be from yummy food or her holiday candles she adores so much. They also own more Christmas movies than you probably realize exist. It's always fun to see how many we can get through each holiday season. But my favorite part is sitting by the oversized fireplace and listening to some member of the family play Christmas carols on the piano. Then only down side to staying the night at their house on Christmas Eve is that Daniel's 10 year old brother still likes to get up at--or before--the crack of dawn on Christmas morning. This year we told him he couldn't wake us up until 6:00. He came around at 6:07, outraged that no one had set their alarm! I was worried about trying to arouse Krista because she is NOT a morning person. But Dan just said, "Krista do you want to go see what Santa brought you?" and she JUMPED out of bed with a HUGE smile on her face. We took that as a yes.
Each year I hope that Krista is old enough to get in to holidays and special occasions. Well, I think she understands about Christmas now (although she kept asking when Jesus was coming to our house to open His presents)! She even talked to Santa Clause! I thought she was going to have a heart attack doing it; I've never seen a child get so nervous in all my life. And Emma is, by nature, such an enthusiastic child that she just mimicked everyone else's excitement. I had so much fun watching the girls on Christmas morning that I didn't even want to open my own presents. I love the magic of Christmas and the opportunity we have at that time to think of our Savior and share His love with others.
Each year I hope that Krista is old enough to get in to holidays and special occasions. Well, I think she understands about Christmas now (although she kept asking when Jesus was coming to our house to open His presents)! She even talked to Santa Clause! I thought she was going to have a heart attack doing it; I've never seen a child get so nervous in all my life. And Emma is, by nature, such an enthusiastic child that she just mimicked everyone else's excitement. I had so much fun watching the girls on Christmas morning that I didn't even want to open my own presents. I love the magic of Christmas and the opportunity we have at that time to think of our Savior and share His love with others.
2 comments:
Can't wait to spend next Christmas with you!
Me too, Jennica!
The pictures are adorable, Ashley. It's fun seeing pictures of you and the girls. They are at the perfect age now to get really excited about special occasions. Dressed up in their Christmas dresses - priceless. Give those adorable things a big kiss from Nana.
Post a Comment