Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Ready or not...

Yesterday at my doctors appointment I had only progressed to a 2, but hey, at least it was progress! The doc stripped my membranes and arranged for me to be induced on Thursday. It was SOOO scary for me to make the decision to be induced; I know it's silly to most of you, but I really just don't like the idea. So, I decided to do everything I could to get this baby to come before Thursday. After a nice late night walk at Target, we got the girls to bed and I started feeling sick. Mostly I just had a really bad headache, but long story short, I couldn't fall asleep until like 1 a.m. Then I awoke at around 4 a.m. (not to mention the 5 bathroom visits in between 1 and 4) to some pretty painful contractions. These felt nothing like the braxton hicks contractions I've been having for 4 months, so I thought maybe this was the real deal. I started to panic a little because I still didn't feel very good and I was SO tired (not prepared to go through labor), so I tried to sleep through them as long as I could. Luckily they remained about 10 minutes apart and I was actually able to get a little rest.
I woke up around 6 a.m. to go to the bathroom and had the "bloody show" so I went and told Dan we were having a baby today. My contractions were still like 8 minutes apart so I thought things would speed up if I got up and started getting ready. No such luck! The contractions STOPPED! I'm so confused. Every time I lay down they start up, but when I get up they stop (I thought it was supposed to be the other way around). I guess if they don't start up again today I'll just go in tomorrow and get induced anyway. At least this experience helps me feel like she really is ready to come and I feel a lot more at ease with the idea of getting induced.

8 comments:

Laurie said...

Sweetest Ashley,
I'm so glad that Vickie is with you. You will be in our prayers and thoughts tomorrow. Everything will be wonderful, because you'll get to see your sweet baby girl :) What could be better than that?!!!!!! I love you. You are a wonderful Mommy. And I pray everything will go well. You and baby and Heavenly Father make a pretty spectacular team, don't you think? You are superwoman! Now, go. Have an amazingly miraculous day. And welcome that little angel to earth!

Ericson Fam said...

Oh I am so excited for you. Everything will be fine!! I'm sure she is ready to come. We will be waiting for the call.

Becky Bean said...

Don't worry...me and Ryan won't show up in your room right after delivery this time. :) Good luck tomorrow, and you will be in our prayers! Give that sweet Eisley lots and lots of kisses from the Bakers and Grandma!

erica e said...

oh! its Thursday, so i'm guessing you are at the hospital right now. it's your baby's birthday! how exciting! can't wait to hear more and see pictures!

Danielle Smith said...

I must say that I am very excited for you! I love having babies and I think it is fantastic that you are off birthing in the hospital! Yay for babies!!

Danielle Smith said...

PS-you must post the birth story! I love reading birth stories! Congrats mother of 3!

Tara said...

I'm excited to see pictures and hear how things went! I'm sure you are very busy right now getting to know your new daughter!

ANGELA said...

Where are the pictures? I want to see how much she's changed. I know you aren't busy or anything! :)