Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The D.I. find of a lifetime!

So, I don't know what all of your styles are like (actually, I think it would be cool if people would post pics of things in their houses, or things on-line that they wish were in their houses, that depict their style--I would really enjoy that since I'm obsessed with design and such), but I personally think this lamp rocks! You know how sometimes you go to D.I. dreaming of finding something REALLY great hidden amidst all that junk? Well, I do anyways, and this time I really scored! This lamp--originally from Pottery Barn--was hidden behind a BIG, ugly lamp shade! It doesn't happen every day folks, but I'm living proof that it is possible... you CAN find good stuff at D.I.
P.S. I have also found, on other occasions, on awesome vase from Pier 1 and some cute Shabby Chic picture frames that I want to use in my girls' room.

6 comments:

Jason, Kiersten, Jace, and Livi Bree said...

I love the lamp! How did you get so lucky? I always have had that secret wish that I would find something at D.I. and I'm still waiting for it to happen. Maybe I need to go with you:)

Unknown said...

That is a cool lamp. I love the picture of Dan making a funny face. Trevor always makes weird faces for the camera too. We should get together for lunch on Thursday.

ShaRee said...

I am so glad you found us! :) Scott and I were just saying how we miss hanging out with you guys! We do need to get together sometime. We will definately be in touch now that I have your blogspot. Your girls are so cute and so big! Oh and that is quite the lamp! Give us a call sometime 794-9878

erica e said...

Good job finding that gem hidden in all the rubble at DI. That inspires me to get out and shop thrifty. I want to see more pics of your style! That's a fun idea. I may have to post some of my style too. :)

Jason, Kiersten, Jace, and Livi Bree said...

I tagged you. Check my blog for detail.

The Reeds said...

Your girls are so cute!! I sure wished that we had a D.I. here in N.C. The best thing I have near by is a goodwill.. hope you guys have a great easter..