Monday, October 06, 2008
Family Scripture
We've been trying for quite some time now to find a family scripture, a sort of motto or theme. I can't tell you how hard it is to settle on one, there are so many amazing scriptures and so many gospel principles that I want my family to be based upon. Faith and trust in the Lord, loving and serving others, and missionary work are just a few. We wanted to choose one scripture and display it our home, but perhaps we will just have to have many different ones displayed at different times. For family night tonight, we chose Doctrine and Covenants 61:36 to print off and frame. It reads, "Be of good cheer, little children; for I am in your midst, and I have not forsaken you."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Yay! I am so glad you've posted an update! :) Here's an "official" congratulations on the baby! :) That is such a good idea to have a scripture "motto" for your family, thanks for sharing. We will definately have to keep in touch through the ward split, and through our move. We need to have you over for dinner again, I'll call you this week. Talk to ya later "Connie Chung!" haha
That is a great idea! Lydia is starting to read now, and I have thought that I should hang up some scriptures somewhere. You can be my inspiration. Maybe we will get some up at our house!
Well, well, well...look who is BACK!!!! It is about TIME. =) No, but seriously...I am glad to see you have decided to get back into the whole blogging thing! I missed you, I MISS you now...when are we going to see you guys again!?! Tonight maybe! Call me
if i ever read any scriptures, i'll tell you if i come across anything bueno.
That's a great scripture (as if any of them aren't great) Anyway, congratulations on your third!! That's so exciting!
Post a Comment